Last night, we had one of our best summer evenings yet. Ripe for a thunder storm, the air was warm, slightly breezy, and getting humid. I’m glad that I planned to make something on the grill. The house was nice and cool and I got to spend some quality time in our backyard watching the garden grow!
The inspiration for the meal came from a recent Cooking Light magazine. I modified a bit for our taste and had great results. Here’s my version of the recipe.
- Spice Rub
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1¼ tsp Penzeys Hungarian Half-Sharp Paprika
- 1 tsp Penzeys Hungarian Sweet Paprika
- 2 thick cut, bone-in center cut pork chops
- Mix the spice rub ingredients together.
- Pat the pork chops dry and sprinkle a quarter of the rub mix on each side of the pork chops. Gently massage the rub mix into the chops and place in a zip top plastic bag. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- When ready to grill, take the chops out of the refrigerator and let them come up to room temperature as you prepare your grill. Grill should be at medium-high heat level if gas fueled.
- Grill chops to desired doneness.